Modifications And Enforcement

Modifying And Enforcing Divorce Orders

In the years after divorce, your family can change in countless ways. Often, the parenting plan that you agreed to during the divorce or separation may not be working anymore.

At Reade Law Firm, PC, we work with parents to find solutions to problems with existing child custody agreements, typically in the form of modifications or enforcement. In some cases, there may be nothing wrong with the parenting plan itself; the problem may be that one of the parents is not following it properly. In this case, we may need to seek a court order to enforce the plan.

However, sometimes an old agreement does not reflect the new needs of your family. We can help you modify your plan after changes such as:

  • One parent moving out of the state or country
  • One parent remarrying
  • Serious medical issues affecting a parent or child
  • Some harm or abuse to a child

Where possible, we will try to help you modify your parenting plan without involving the court. However, if you and your ex-spouse cannot reach an agreement about changes to a custody agreement, or if there are abuse issues involved, we will strongly advocate for you and your children in court.

Modification Or Enforcement?

You don’t have to know whether you need a modification or enforcement. Many of our clients come to us only knowing that something isn’t working. We will help you identify the cause of the problem, and find the appropriate solution for you and your children.

Talk To A Lawyer To Get Started On A Solution

Start with a consultation with an experienced family law attorney to discuss how to make changes to your custody agreement or parenting plan. Call Reade Law Firm, PC, at 978-767-4667 or contact us online. Our office is located in Peabody, and we help clients throughout eastern Massachusetts with child custody modifications and enforcement.